Asus is one of the foremost providers for networking hardware to the users. They provide very reliable routers and accessories which provide a great user experience. The routers contain numerous advanced features that the user can gain access to only after logging in to the router. The login process is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes. The login process allows the user to configure their network most suitable to their needs. The user can login simply by opening any internet browser and typing www.router.asus.com in the address bar. The user will then be taken to the login page of the router where he will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive
What is www.router.asus.com?
The web domain www.router.asus.com is the web domain name that is used to login to the router. Earlier, the users had to type in the default IP address for the router, but most people didn’t know where it was or how to find it. Asus came up with a solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use www.router.asus.com instead of the default IP addresses. This way, the user can easily login to the router without any problems. The router recognizes the web domain name and automatically translates it to the default IP address specific to the router. The user is then taken to the login page of the router directly.
The user can configure their network after logging in to the router. The user can choose to setup Guest Networks, Parental Controls, Network Speed Test, to change the username and password for the router and to update the firmware of the Asus router. The firmware needs to be updated so that the router is capable of connecting to the latest media devices without any problems. The firmware update also makes sure that the security on the router is up to date and not vulnerable to any potential threats. The new firmware even fixes the bugs and resolves any previously faced issues with the router. the new firmware might even add some new features to the router and provide overall enhanced speed boosts.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Asus router, to reset the router, to change the username and password and to update the firmware of the router.
How to setup and login to the Asus router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Open an internet browser of your choice on the same computer. Type www.router.asus.com in the address bar and press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter the default information of the router. The default username and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the default password.
- Try logging in with any other previously set passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore the back to its factory default settings. Then the user can login using the default information.
- After successfully logging in to the router, you will be taken to the router’s web based interface. Here, you can configure your network and change the settings as you desire.
It is advised that the user changes the default username and password for the router when first logging in to the router. The default username and password are available to the public and anyone in the coverage area of the router can access the router’s login page and change the settings. To secure the
network, the username and password must be changed. Make sure that the username does not contain any private information as the username is still visible to other devices in the proximity. Also make sure that the password is hard for other people to guess.
How to Reset the Asus router
The router needs to be reset if the user either forgets or loses the password for their router. Resetting the router will restore the router back to its factory default settings. Take note that by resetting the router, all the personalized settings of the router will get reset too.
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press and hold the reset button until the power light at the front of the router starts flashing.
- Release the button right after the power light starts flashing. The router will take a couple of seconds to finish the reset. Once the router has been reset, the router will reboot itself.
After the reset has been completed, the user can login to the router again using the default information specific to the router.
Warning: Do not interrupt the reset process as any interruptions can damage the router and leave it unusable.
How to change the username and password for the Asus router
The default username and password must be changed to secure the network. The default username and password are available to the public. Anyone in the coverage area of the router can access the login page of the router using the default information of the router. So, the default username and password must be changed to help further secure the user’s network. Here are the steps to change the default username and password:
- Open an internet browser and type www.router.asus.com in the address bar on the device that is connected to the router. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information regarding the router. The default username and password are both “admin”. The username and password are case sensitive.
3. After logging in, you will be taken to the web based interface of the router.
4. By going to the System Status, you will see the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key with the fields provided in front of them respectively.
5. You can enter the new information in front of both the fields.
6. After you have made the desired changes, make sure to click Apply to save the settings.
How to update the firmware of the Asus router
The firmware update is a very simple process and usually takes only a couple of minutes. Asus releases firmware updates regularly so that their users can stay up to date with the latest technology. The firmware update also makes sure that the user can reap the most out of their routers. Here are the steps to update the firmware of the router:
- Download the latest firmware from the Asus support site and save it on the desired location.
- Now, open an internet browser of your choice and enter www.router.asus.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be taken to the configuration page of the router.
- On the panel in the left side of the screen, click on Administration.
- Click on Firmware Upgrade option. Click on Choose File.
- Select the previously downloaded file from the location. Click on Upload to upload the firmware.
- The firmware upgrade will begin now.
It is advised that the firmware process isn’t interrupted anyhow as it may corrupt the router and may even render it useless.
After the firmware has been updated, the user can start using their internet as they desire.